Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Chapter 2: November Rain

She is exquisitely beautiful. I swear to my ass and my grandfather's ass and the ass before him that I have never seen a girl like her around school.

November 12, a significant Wednesday that was...

"Uhhh, fuck you, she's just another girl-next-door so don't get your ass screwed by her all too beautiful face," I told myself in front of a mirror in the restroom of the third floor of Kostka, the building where we hold our English classes. "She's ordinary, Mike," I insisted.

That time, I still had the 'Science hangover' which does not have any other scientific explanation but the very high probability of hormonal overdrive. I swear I always go out of that class more than satisfied, if you know what I mean.

It was the highlight of the day already. I've been washing up my face and fixing my hair because as far as I'm concerned, I wanted to project myself as a nice guy towards this petite gorgeous classmate of mine and I'd like to imprint on her a good first impression. Just after that thought though, the bell rang, so I rushed into the classroom and I was very much excited.

I found her sitting there already. Wow, she's early this time. As much as I'd like to look and stare at her, these happy-rowdy seatmates of mine have been calling my attention at times so I really had no choice but to talk to them.

The guy behind me was an obese one with glasses named Ralph De Guzman and he's been chatting with a guy on his left named Vince, which looked like another noisy bad ass guy with an unpredictable and mysterious smile. On my right's a silent goody goody guy named Mikko. In front of me was a friend named Dan with his ever-noticeable CAT haircut but he's already having his good chat with his seatmates. This situation left me tinkering with the three guys around me which eventually led to a 'noisy boys' label of the class.

Gradually the noisy boys sitting right in front of the air conditioner shifted the flow of conversation of their noise party to some serious boy talk - girls. I pointed to them that there's one gorgeous lady at the other side of the room near the door. Ralph argued that the one in front of Dan was better, which was a previous English 10 and 11 and Literature 13 classmate of mine named Jackie. Vince and Mikko were just laughing out at these petty arguments however, and we all seemed to enjoy the company.

November 12, 2008 was that significant Wednesday. I found an opportunity that day to shine because our teacher assigned us a task of preparing for a simple debate the next session. I was interested in doing so.

"Fuck that! I'm gonna show some skills. I wanna see how Bianca handles the debate too."

I was laughing these lines within my infatuated mind that I was smiling weirdly yet annoyingly in front of so many people, but I didn't really care; I had the chance. I prepared my debate speeches for the set motion later that evening and I wasn't excited or anything on my other subjects - it's as if the only highlight for my semester this time was my English class. I was glad I had my English 12 course delayed else I won't get to see who Bianca was, and I was glad AISIS totally fucked up my schedule granting me a temporal paradise.

I think it only rained twice or thrice during the month of November. I'm quite sure though that happiness was overflowing within me and excitement was showering on me. For some odd reason, I was seriously in love with the mystery behind the name Bianca - not the cheesy, marshmallow, superficial feeling nor the extravagant and ideal reality of romance, but the sincere and passionate emotion rooted from the very veins of an intimate heart. What the fuck? But hey, that's the best depiction I can give.

November rain. This reminds me of a good ballad from Guns 'N Roses. It was a nice love song. I guess everyone should take time to hear it at least once in his lifetime.

I wanted to walk in the cold November rain and get myself soaked. I liked Bianca to be frank. It was shallow at first since I did not really know her personally, or even had the chance to talk to her personally, but at least I like her cheerfulness and her charming aura that brings about a sensation of tranquility to my malevolent soul.

I wanted to walk in the cold November rain and forget about my problems, or if that comes of no avail, just even have the chance to run away from them for a moment. I wished the clock would pause and give me a margin of Chronus to think and ponder about my existence, and my feelings too for that matter.

I wanted to walk in the cold November rain to laugh at myself - to see my reflection in a puddle of murky water and laugh at that face for being so foolish to fall for someone who isn't exactly a girl-next-door, rather, an angel-next-door.

As corny as it sounds, it's true. Guys risk their pride and dignity to speak out something as corny as that just to express their sincerity with utmost truthfulness.

Screw that.

-----
[Click to go to the next chapter]

No comments:

Post a Comment