Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Chapter 5: Immaculate Conception

December 8, 2009.

I skipped every first half of my classes because my teacher doesn't seem to amuse me like she did the previous semester - the points she raise throughout every session were recurring. I did nothing more than light cigs and play pusoy dos every single time I'm out of the classroom and I think this'll probably explain why my eating habits are fucking weird.

Around 3 pm, I was torn between going home or going to my second home. Katipunan, that is. When I boarded the train I chose the latter option and in 20 minutes time I found myself walking on that very familiar path. I went straight to Ateneo to hang out at the aMp bench, which I always do everytime I'm at the campus, and found Brian, Daniel, Joe and Nica. I had to sit with them since I decided to have dinner with Ian and I had nothing else to do. Playing at Him5 doesn't seem to be a very good option for a broke man.

At 5:30 pm, with Joe and Nica headed home, Brian and Daniel wanted to eat already and they specifically chose my all-time favorite food chain McDonald's. I kept them company and we walked all the way to McDo. Seeing the closest table to the entrance vacant, the two immediately took the seats and went to the counter for food while I finished my second pack for the day. Mind you, I'm trying to kill my addiction.

When we were all seated, the two scumbags were smiling at me in a very irritating way. I asked,

"What's up?"

":)"

"Putangina ano nga?" (Motherbitch what's up)

"Why is life so randooom?" Daniel told me, with Brian following up with the same words in a sort of a hum,

"Liiife is sooo randooom..."

I so wanted to fuck the shit out of these idiots until they told me Bianca was around. I asked again,

"No, seriously?"

"YES."

GG. I panicked of course. I didn't know what to do. Should I display myself sitting in the most obvious seat there and say hello to her? Or should I run with my balls away? Or should I pretend to be asleep with my eyes open? There were literally a million questions rushing through my head that I spent more than 20 minutes thinking of senseless things until I saw Bianca from a distance. At first I was speechless - and then stupefied - and then knocked out. She instantly recognized me and smiled, and then waved a hello at me.

I have never seen that smile for the longest time. I mean, the last time I saw her she never displayed that epic thing on her face. And now she did! But of course, after all the troubles that happened within the past months of which I kept most only to myself, I couldn't display a proper reaction. I tried to smile. I hope I did looked like smiling as she passed by. As she went to her car though, I told the two rancid monkeys in front of me that I have to leave for Slice 'N Dice in a short while.

Well I did in a few seconds basically because - here comes the best gay part of the story - I was manufacturing gay tears. I was walking away with a cigarette stick in my lips trying to gain composure especially in a public place. I succeeded just before I met up with Ian a short walk from McDo.

I had dinner with the guy. And since I haven't told him anything about my life since June, I updated him with utmost detail which sort of made me happy because I didn't know I was capable of spilling out happy events that happened in the previous quarter of the year. After that we went home; well, he drove me home because we were neighbors.

Bianca just conceived a wonderful smile which confused me: are we in good terms again/already? What did her smile mean? Or furthermore, are things back to the way they were?

The only immaculate thing from all this confusion is nothing.

-----
[Click to go to the next chapter]

No comments:

Post a Comment